Monday, August 24, 2015

Procrastinating

I have done precisely zero work since my last post.  I`d like to think I`m `composting` and just sort of letting my thoughts sit on the work that I`ve done, fleshing things out in my head before I do more planning.  But that`s not the case.  I know it`s not.  Really I`m just lazy and would prefer to lay in bed with a glass of lemon water and read Teen Wolf fanfiction than actually do work.  I`m aware that this is work I would actually enjoy doing, but that doesn`t change the fact that I`m inherently lazy.

In an attempt to feel like I`m working on stuff, I`ve been on the NaNo forums, trying to help others and check out adoption lists for things that might spark my creativity a little more.  So far I haven`t got much, but apparently someone`s been stalking me:
(Adopt a Character Trait/Quirk)
  • Talks to dogs before talking to their owners
  • Will put anything in their mouth when they're thinking: pens, fingernails, jewelry, hair, lanyards, etc.
  • Is that person who when watching something talks about how they recognize that one actor from somewhere and doesn't stop until they can look them up
  • Needs to leave an extra toothbrush anywhere they spend a lot of time (their workplace, a friend's house, a significant other's place)
  • Frequently misses their stop on the bus/subway because they get too absorbed in a book/listening to music
  • Has a surprisingly detailed and specific zombie apocalypse plan
  • Has a favorite color of M+Ms, insists that it tastes better than the other colors

  • Barring the toothbrush thing (I usually just have my travel one close at hand) and the missing the bus stop (it happened a couple times and now I`m paranoid so I pay very close attention to the stops), I do all of these things.  It`s creepy. 

    Next week I`ll be stuck at work without lessons to teach, and I`m prepared for the first couple lessons of all of my classes, so I should have some free time and less staff members in the staff room to potentially see that I`m not working on work.  Maybe I`ll figure out my scene list then.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment